Volunteer Registration (Instructor)
Expressions of interest to become an Instructor with the ASSP Program for the 2019-20 season can be taken now. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
All new/returning instructors need to complete and submit the online volunteer instructor registration form below. In addition, please ensure that items 1 & 2 are completed and items 3,4 & 5 have been read. Please contact us if you are unable to attend these important dates:
1. ASSP Criminal Record Check is Mandatory – and is to be completed by all new instructors (returning instructors only have to complete a CRC once every 3 years)
Please submit the no cost application online at the following link: https://justice.gov.bc.ca/eCRC/
Enter the access code: 94N3XTJ4XE
For those under 19, please contact ASSP for further information about how to apply for your CRC as the online version is not permitted.
Should you require fingerprinting for your application due to having a similar birth date to a known criminal, you will be notified by the CRC Department via email. Please let us know asap as we will supply you with a letter from ASSP to be taken to the RCMP to complete the CRC application there. Report to the Downtown Kamloops RCMP Detachment or the North Shore RCMP Detachment with 2 pieces of photo ID which show your birthdate. Opening hours are 10.30am – 1pm, & 2pm – 4pm. This process is performed electronically and you will be called within 24 hours with the outcome. The CRC will need to picked up by the applicant and scanned and emailed to ASSP.
2. Register your annual membership as a volunteer Instructor of $48 with BC Adaptive Snowsports (BCAS) . http://bcadaptive.com
3. All newly registered instructors are required to attend the CADS Level 1 Certification Course scheduled for Friday 22nd Nov 2019 (5-9pm) to Sunday 24th Nov. The Course must be completed in full to certify.
4. Also required is 6 hours of training in either CSIA or CASI methodology to be held on Sunday 17th Nov 2019. This is only for applicants who do not have existing CSIA/CASI instructor certification. This all day session must be completed prior to the CADS Level 1 Course and is a pre requisite set by the national CADS body. (This date may change as ASSP is in planning stages currently).
5. The REQUIRED Instructor Orientation Session will be held on In November 2019 for returning and new Instructors. Attendance is required by all instructors each year to ensure all new information is imparted, and to comply with Resort Insurance guidelines.
The online form, criminal record check (if required), proof of BCAS membership and ASSP membership fee needs to be received by mid October 2019. A confirmation email will be sent to applicants once all your forms have been received.
Please note that there will be a limited number of season passes available to instructors who commit to one weekend day per week for the season, which equates to the Sun Peaks Resort expected minimum of 100 hours.*
*Hours are also accumulated through training activities
If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com