Volunteer Registration (Instructor)
Expressions of interest to become an Instructor with the ASSP Program for the 2022-23 season can be taken now. Please email email@example.com to discuss further.
All new/returning instructors need to complete and submit the online volunteer instructor registration using the portal. In addition, please ensure that items 1 & 2 are completed and items 3,4 & 5 have been read. Please contact us if you are unable to attend these important dates:
1. ASSP Criminal Record Check is Mandatory – and is to be completed by all new instructors (returning instructors only have to complete a CRC once every 3 years)
Please submit the no cost application online at the following link: https://justice.gov.bc.ca/criminalrecordcheck
Enter the access code: 94N3XTJ4XE
For those under 19, please contact ASSP for further information about how to apply for your CRC as the online version is not permitted.
Should you require fingerprinting for your application due to having a similar birth date to a known criminal, you will be notified by the CRC Department via email. Please let us know asap as we will supply you with a letter from ASSP to be taken to the RCMP to complete the CRC application there. Report to the Downtown Kamloops RCMP Detachment or the North Shore RCMP Detachment with 2 pieces of photo ID which shows your birthdate. Opening hours are 10.30am – 1pm, & 2pm – 4pm. This process is performed electronically and you will be called within 24 hours with the outcome. The CRC will need to picked up by the applicant and scanned and emailed to ASSP.
2. Register your annual memberships through the registration portal – Adaptive Sports at Sun Peaks (ASSP) $10, BC Adaptive SnowSports (BCAS) and Canadian Adaptive SnowSports (CADS) combined membership of $58. These memberships cover you for general liability while volunteering with us.
3. All newly registered instructors are required to attend the CADS Level 1 Certification Course at Sun Peaks scheduled for Friday 9th Dec 2022 (5-9pm) to Sunday 11th Dec 2022. The Course must be completed in full to certify.
4. Also required is 6 hours of training in either CSIA or CASI methodology to be held TBA (either Saturday 3rd or Sunday 4th December 2022). This is only for applicants who do not have recent existing CSIA/CASI instructor certification. This all day session must be completed prior to the CADS Level 1 Course and is a pre requisite set by the national CADS body. There is no cost to the candidate for this training day, however a lift pass will be required. (Please contact adaptivesportsatsunpeaks@gmail to discuss options).
5. The REQUIRED Instructor Orientation Session will be held in Nov/Dec 2022 for new and returning instructors. Attendance is required by all instructors each year to ensure all new information is imparted, and to comply with Resort Insurance guidelines.
The online form, criminal record check (if required), proof of ASSP, BCAS/CADS membership fees needs to be received by prior to orientation or any training with us. A confirmation email will be sent to applicants once all your forms have been received.
Please note that there will be a limited number of season passes available to instructors who commit to one weekend day per week for the season, which equates to the Sun Peaks Resort expected minimum of 100 hours.*
*Hours are also accumulated through training activities
If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org