Are you looking for a fun, rewarding volunteer experience?
Volunteers with Adaptive Sports at Sun Peaks support the program in many different ways including:
- Membership with Adaptive Sports at Sun Peaks (ASSP)
- Instructing ski and snowboard lessons
- Assisting students with a disability to participate in school sponsored programs
- Raising funds through finding sponsorships, grants and promoting community awareness
- Assisting with the end of season ASSP celebrations, and ASSP fundraising events.
Criteria for Adaptive Sports Volunteer Instructors:
- Active memberships with Adaptive Sports at Sun Peaks (ASSP) $10, BC Adaptive Snowsports (BCAS) combined with Canadian Adaptive Snowsports (CADS) (total combined cost is $58).
- RCMP Criminal Record Check.
- Minimum CADS Level 1 Instructor certification. Certification training is provided each year at Sun Peaks.
- Orientation session/complete the Sun Peaks Resort LLP “Volunteer Agreement” found in the Employee Handbook.
Adaptive Sports at Sun Peaks Volunteer Benefits:
Adaptive Sports at Sun Peaks is a volunteer run program. Our volunteers are our biggest asset and without their energy and dedication, we would not be able to deliver our programming. Volunteers are rewarded with benefits which include:
- Ongoing training and skill development with opportunities to gain advanced certification
- Free extra training supplied by BCAS for all Adaptive Instructors in the Province
- The opportunity to qualify to receive a complimentary season pass at Sun Peaks Resort
- Helping others enjoy the thrill of skiing/snowboarding and the mountain experience while making new friends and having fun
- Enjoy ASSP camaraderie, social events and season-end celebrations
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please visit our new registration portal assp.skiportal.org