Adaptive Sports Sun Peaks Hybrid Fund Raiser
The Adaptive Sports program at Sun Peaks has set a fundraising goal of $10,000 to continue helping children and adults with physical and cognitive disabilities learn to ski and snowboard.
A successful fundraising campaign will support the cost of training and specialty equipment such as the new sit ski purchased last year. Funding is also required to train the new instructors who are all volunteers, but must undergo specific training to be able to teach adaptive students.
A Hybrid Fund Raiser is being held to contribute to that goal.
WINTER GEAR DONATION, Saturday April 10, 2021 between 10am and 3pm:
Donations of used winter sports gear, including Nordic or Alpine skis, poles, boots or snowboards can be dropped off at one of two convenient locations:
– Cascades Casino (Car Park), Kamloops
– Grand Hotel (Entrance), Sun Peaks
Match Eatery and Public House at Cascades Casino is now open 4-10pm daily.
ONLINE RAFFLE, Draw on Saturday April 10, 2021 at 5:20pm:
Tickets are $2 each and are on sale now at https://go.rallyup.com/asspfundraiser
Prizes include two top prizes of a Sun Peaks Vacation Package Including Lift passes & Accommodation ($500 Value) plus over $750 worth of other prizes.
There are also other opportunities to donate to the program. These include:
- Adaptive sports has an account at the three General Grant recycling sites in Kamloops. You are encouraged to drop off your returns and direct the proceeds to Adaptive Sports at Sun Peaks.
- Adaptive Sports also has an account at Consignor Sports where the sale money from the sporting goods and clothing can be directed to Adaptive Sports at Sun Peaks.
- Cash donations are also appreciated and charitable receipts are available if required.: https://adaptivesportsatsunpeaks.org/donate/
For more information, please contact: Nicolas Riopel the program manager 250 572 0616