Are you looking for a fun, rewarding volunteer experience?
Volunteers with Adaptive Sports at Sun Peaks support the program in many different ways including:
- Membership on the Adaptive Sports at Sun Peaks Steering Committee.
- Raising funds through finding sponsorships and fundraising activities.
- Assisting with Adaptive Sports Festival, the CADS Festival and para-alpine races.
- Serving as a companion (ski buddy) to accompany and assist students to practice or “put on mileage” after a lesson.
- Accompanying guests with a disability who do not desire/require a formal lesson.
- Assisting students with a disability to participate in school sponsored programs.
Criteria for Adaptive Sports Volunteer Instructors:
- Active membership with BC Adaptive Snowsports (BCAS) and the Canadian Association for Disabled Skiing (CADS). See https://www.bcadaptive.com
- RCMP Criminal Record Check.
- Minimum CADS Level 1 certification. Certification training is provided each year at Sun Peaks.
- Complete the Sun Peaks Resort Corporation “Volunteer Agreement” found in the Employee Handbook.
Adaptive Sports Volunteer Benefits:
Adaptive Sports at Sun Peaks is an entirely volunteer run program. Our volunteers are our biggest asset! Without their energy and dedication we would not be able to deliver our programming. Volunteers are rewarded with benefits which include:
- ongoing training and skill development
- the opportunity to qualify to receive a complimentary seasons pass at Sun Peaks Resort
- Helping others enjoy the thrills of skiing/snowboarding and the mountain experience while making new friends and having fun!
- Awesome social events and season-end Party!
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please visit: