Each season, the Sun Peaks LLP generously provides a number of season lift passes to volunteers throughout the Resort. This include ski patrollers, hosts, terrain park setters and Adaptive Sports at Sun Peaks volunteer Instructors.
There is strict criteria to receiving one of these season passes and these criteria must be fulfilled/committed to prior to being considered for a volunteer pass.
- A commitment to give 100 hours as a volunteer (this equates to approximately 1 day per week for the 5 month season)
- Must wear a helmet whilst volunteering
- Be 16 years or older unless accompanied by an adult
- Successful completion of the CADS Level 1 Instructor Course
- A commitment to provide 100 hours for the season on snow
- A commitment to volunteer for a full day on either a Saturday or a Sunday throughout the season whether lessons are on or not (training is offered on student free days and lunch time Saturdays and Sundays once lessons start in early January)
- A commitment to attend ASSP Orientation annually, and ASSP or BCAS training events
- A commitment to support the ASSP Program in any way you can if asked
- An understanding that passes are not transferrable and will be lost if the volunteer is unable to fulfill their commitment.
- An understanding that the pass will be revoked should the volunteer leave the Program.
Adaptive Sports at Sun Peaks gives preference to returning Instructors for passes and for all others, will review each request individually depending on your commitment, experience and ability to fulfill the expected 100 hours. Instructor hours are logged for every lesson, training activity, courses
Thank you for your understanding that there are very limited passes available and know that ASSP will endeavour to support your application in any way we can. Please contact us at email@example.com to discuss further.
Posted in: FAQs for Instructors